If you're a little grayer these days, that's OK. It's easy to cover gray inexpensively at home!
The ideal way to cover gray is
with a demi-permanent hair color.
It's less damaging than permanent and lasts longer than semi-permanent. Ammonia free, ion Color Brilliance Intensive Shine Demi Permanent Crème hair color covers and blends gray without lifting the hair's natural pigment. Coverage is complete, and it lasts for about 24 shampoos.
Gray Coverage Tips Everyone Should Know:
- Select a shade that is 1-2 levels lighter than your natural shade. ion has more than 30 shades to choose from.
- Always read the instructions before you begin!
- For best results, pre-treat hair with ion Color Brilliance Pre-Color Treatment. Comb the treatment through dry hair, but do not rinse.
- Mix the crème and developer according to the instructions. Perform a strand test to preview how your shade choice will look on your whole head.
- If you're happy with the results, apply the hair color all over. Hair color should be applied evenly and in one-quarter inch sections.
- Refer to the instructions for the amount of time you need to wait before rinsing your hair. You can shorten the waiting time by applying heat. Try the hands-free Gold N Hot Professional Bonnet Dryer to speed up application and help seal in the color.
- Rinse hair until the water runs clear. Shampoo hair and apply ion After Color Treatment to remove all traces of developer and seal the hair cuticle. Rinse thoroughly and style as desired.
Make your gray coverage last!
If you want your gray coverage to last, avoid volumizing shampoos—their high pH balance will actually accelerate color loss. Coloresse Moisture Shampoo is ideal for protecting and prolonging hair color.