Smooth, Bare Legs
At-home waxing has never been so easy.Because it’s long lasting and now easier than ever, waxing has become a great hair removal option. And while best results are achieved by an esthetician, there are some great at-home options that provide great results.
- START SMALL: If you’ve never done it before, don’t attempt a full leg wax on your first try! Start small until you get the technique down. Set yourself up in a well-lit area with plenty of room and counter space.
- PREP PROPERLY: The area to be waxed should be clean and free of oil and possibly bacteria. A good start is to prep the area with an antiseptic cleanser, then sprinkle a little moisture absorbant powder on the area to make sure it's totally dry.
- ELIMINATE MESS: Avoid fuss, mess and spatulas by using a roll-on waxer that heats up in seconds and glides on smoothly and evenly. Or, try an all-in-one microwave wax system kit that contains everything needed for gentle, efficient removal of unwanted hair.
- WAX RIGHT: Always apply wax in the direction of the hair growth, and pull it off in the opposite direction. Hold the skin taut and pull straight across (don't pull up) and with commitment. If you're nervous about the discomfort, try a numbing agent with benzocaine to desensitize the skin.
- SOOTHE AND RESTORE: After waxing, apply a soothing dermal therapy lotion that also moisturizes and conditions the skin. Or, try an after wax cooling gel to minimize redness, swelling and heat
- INHIBIT INGROWNS: Ingrown hairs can be both painful and unsightly. You can prevent ingrowns by using using an exfoliator or other bump prevention creams.
Waxing not for you?
- RAPID REMOVAL: Try a cream or gel formula depilatory that disolves away unwanted hair in 5 to 8 minutes. You can find them in regular, bikini and sensitive skin formulas.