Our video tutorial gives this space-age hairstyle a modern twist:
Our braided hairstyle is a modern twist on a space-aged look, and the only message you’ll be communicating is that the force is with you. You can pull this off if you have medium-length to long hair and a bit of extra time. If you follow our video tutorial, you’ll look stylish and smart, and you won’t have to worry about looking like you’re from a different planet.
* Hair was previously prepped with Biotera Ultra Moist Leave In Treatment and Total Tamer Foaming Smoother
1) Part hair down the middle in the back and desired part in the front.
2) Tease crown a little bit to give the braids some volume and hold.
3) Starting on either side, begin the Dutch braid at the front hairline and braid down incorporating hair in as you go.
4) Using an elastic band, secure ends.
5) Hold a small piece of hair at the end of the braid, pull piece down and push band up to give the braid a messy look.
6) Repeat step 3-5 on the other side.
7) Loosen braids up, lightly pulling the braid apart.
8) Coil each braid into a bun, tucking in the end as you go.
9) Secure buns with bobby pins.
1) Comb- to section and tease hair
2) Clear elastic bands- to tie off the ends of the braid
3) Bobby pins- to secure braided buns