10 commandments of natural hair
1. Use a leave-in conditioner to smooth hair cuticles
and define curls.
- 2. Reduce dryness and breakage, and help maintain
moisture by sleeping on a satin pillowcase.
- 3. Use a moisturizing conditioner once a week to
keep curls hydrated and healthy.
- 4. Apply conditioners and/or leave-in products on wet hair.
Detangle hair with a wide tooth comb, then evenly
coat strands in sections with product.
- 5. Avoid damaging curls by drying hair with a soft towel.
- 6. Use fingers to keep more defined curls and shape them into place.
- 7. Treat each area according to its specific needs. Kinkier sections may need
more moisture, while wavier sections may need more curl definition styling.
- 8. Air dry curls, or use a diffuser attachment on your dryer, to retain
- 9. Mist hair with a trigger spray bottle of leave-in conditioner to quickly put
some life back into curls.
- 10. Don’t run out of the products your hair needs. Shop at Sally Beauty for the
professional quality products that best fit your natural hair style.