USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is equipped with a thermostat that may cycle OFF or cause the heaters to turn off if the temperature exceeds comfort level due to partially blocked air inlet or outlet openings. In the event that the appliance stops or releases only cool air during use, turn off the switches and allow the appliance to cool down, at which time the thermostat will automatically reset. During use, DO NOT block the air openings. When using this appliance near water (e.g., bathrooms), the use of an electrical outlet protected by a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter is recommended.
Your appliance is virtually maintenance-free. No lubrication is needed. Keep heated surfaces clean and free of dust, dirt, and hair spray. If cleaning becomes necessary, unplug the appliance from the power source and wipe the exterior with a damp cloth. If the cord becomes twisted, untwist prior to use.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to force the plug into an improper outlet. For U.S. residents only: In the event of an unusual circumstance such as immersion, the protective device will not allow the dryer to operate. Periodically check the safety plug to verify it is in proper working order. Plug the appliance into an electrical outlet and press the test button. The dryer should stop immediately. To resume operation, press the reset button. This appliance is designed with a protective coating around the heating coils. When operating the first few times, you may notice momentary smoking when turning off unit. This represents no danger to the user and does not indicate a defect in the unit. The smoke should dissipate within a short time.
USING YOUR DRYER
1. Remove bonnet from storage compartment on side of carrying case. Unfold bonnet.
2. Release hose from storage by turning either left or right to release from catch notches. Extend hose to its fullest length.
3. Attach hose to bonnet by matching up bumps on hose end with notches on bonnet ring. Turn hose 1/4 turn to lock.
4 Place dryer on a firm, level surface with air intake vents up. DO NOT BLOCK VENTS!
5. With Temperature Control in OFF position, plug cord into electrical outlet. The cord is stored in the same compartment as the bonnet. The notch in the compartment allows you to close during use.
6. Gently towel-dry hair to remove excess water.
7. To set hair, place desired-size rollers in your hair and secure rollers.
8. Put bonnet on head, starting with elastic band against forehead and gently pull bonnet down until all the hair is covered or tucked in. If elastic feels uncomfortably loose or tight, remove bonnet and adjust.
9. Turn the dryer On by turning the Temperature Control first to the lowest heat setting until you find the setting most comfortable to you. NOTE: Stop the dryer and take the bonnet off immediately should you feel any discomfort.
10. To cool the hair before removing the bonnet, turn the Temperature Control to the “COOL” setting.
11. Once the hair is dried, turn the Temperature Control to the “OFF” position.
Remove the hood and lay the entire unit in an extended position on a heatresistant surface until fully cooled. Once cooled, re-pack the dryer in the container provided. Do not wrap the cord around the dryer.
Note: Drying times will vary according to hair length, hair texture and roller size. Hair set with large rollers usually dries faster than hair set with small rollers. You can reduce drying time somewhat by towel-drying hair before using your dryer.
Wigs and hairpieces may be dried with the soft bonnet dryer, provided the correct temperature setting is used:
You can use your soft bonnet hair dryer for conditioning treatments. Shampoo hair, rinse well and apply conditioner. Cover hair with a plastic cap or bag, then cover with dryer bonnet. Heat conditioner for 15-20 minutes on HIGH, allowing conditioner to penetrate deep into the hair.
We're sorry, this product cannot ship to the following locations: Canada