Picking the right shade.
- Lighter skin tones should opt for lighter, warmer reds.
- Darker skin tones should choose deeper, cooler reds.
Evaluate color options.
- Semi-permanent hair color can last
up to five shampoos. This is your
best choice if you haven’t completely
committed to going red. This method
works if your natural hair color is
somewhere in the middle—but
if you are light blonde, it won’t
wash out, and if your hair is
dark, you won’t get the red
you’re looking for.
- Demi-permanent is gentler than
permanent and is a good choice
if you’re not lightening or you
want to blend gray rather than
cover it. It lasts about a month.
- Permanent hair color lasts until
it grows out and it’s great for
- Your hair color will come with instructions and processing
times. Follow them closely! Perform a strand test on a few
select strands of your hair to preview your own results.
Details are included in the directions.
- For permanent color, choose a liquid or cream. Liquids are
easiest to mix and apply, and they give consistent results.
Creams contain nourishing ingredients that give rich
conditioning to your hair.
- You’ll need hair color, developer, and disposable gloves.
For liquids, you’ll need a bottle applicator, which is reusable.
For creams, you’ll need a bowl
and brush made for hair color,
which are reusable.
The Color Trak Tools Bottle Kit
includes the accessories
Questions? Come to Sally Beauty and we’ll answer your questions and help you select the right products.