Sally is a magnet for both retail and professional customers. Professional customers include hairstylists and hair, nail and skin salon owners. Retail customers like buying from the same place as professionals, and are intensely loyal to Sally. So, having a Sally store in your shopping center works two ways: Your shopping center will attract possible Sally customers. Loyal Sally customers will be attracted to your shopping center.
The Merchandise Mix
With over 5,000 unique, quality products for hair, skin and nails, you can find a solution for any beauty need at Sally Beauty. Unusual and hard to find products entice the shopper to browse and ask questions of the sales associates. 80% of our offerings are not found in food, drug or mass market stores, so the shopper chooses Sally as a destination for her needs.
Sally has an incredible selection including over 450 hair dyers, flat irons and curling irons, 400 different kinds of shampoos and conditioners plus over 1,900 items for skin and nails.
Real Estate Site Criteria
- The following is the current criteria for new stores:
- 5 Mile Population:
- Small Cities
- —minimum 39,000
- Metro Areas
- —3 miles - 35,000-50,000
- —5 miles - over 100,000
- 1,200 - 1,800 sq. ft. based on population and salon counts.
- 20 ft. minimum frontage width (21 ft. minimum in New York State).
- Minimum of 20,000 to 30,000 cars per two-way traffic in front of shopping center.
- Excellent access and visibility to the shopping center.
- Excellent position within the shopping center.
- Prefer to keep stores three miles apart but may be positioned closer depending upon area density.
- Household income: $34,000 to $72,000.
- 100,000 sq. ft. shopping center anchored by at least one major tenant, i.e. major grocer, discount store, clothing or department store chain.