Lightening Kit is what you need to lighten the hair and open the cuticle, to properly receive our ultra vibrant Semi-Permanent pigments. Our Lightening Kit uses a 25 Volume Creme Developer, gentle enough for light brown hair but powerful enough to lighten darker hair as well. The Dust-Free Powder Lightener contains naturally-derived actives to help condition and protect the hair while lightening it, to minimize damage from the lightening process. Formula is Vegan and Cruelty Free.
"Hair is one of the coolest and easiest tools that we have for self-expression. It's your own personal megaphone…and it's attached to your head!' -Hayley Williams, Founder of Good Dye Young & Lead Singer of Paramore.
Good Dye Young supports artistry, creativity and self-expression. We believe happiness and confidence is the most beautiful you. We want to see you be #beautifullyobnoxious and rock it.
1. Hair should be dry and it’s best if hair is unwashed.
2. Section your hair and apply the lightening mixture with a gloved hand or brush. (TIPS: saturate the hair and cover it when you finish, to keep the Lightener from drying out. When it dries, it stops working. Protect your skin from irritation by applying shea butter, coconut oil or thick hair conditioner to your hairline and over the ears.)
3. Let your hair process for no more than 50 minutes, until you achieve the desired tone. Check consistently (every 5-10 minutes) to evaluate the color lift.
4. After you achieve the desired result, rinse and shampoo your hair thoroughly with warm water until you are sure all of the product is removed. Do NOT condition the hair, as your SemiPermanent Dye will act like your conditioner when you apply.
5. Wait at least 24 hours before any further lightening.
6. Before coloring with GDY Semi-Permanent Dye, make sure hair is totally dry. When it is, you’re ready for color!
To ensure even lift, each hair strand needs to be generously covered in lightener. Saturation is key!
The amount of Lightening Kits you will need depends on the length and thickness of your hair. Pixie cuts and mens cuts typically only need 1 box, shoulder length hair typically needs 2-3, medium length hair 3-5, and long hair can be 5+. Remember, it is always better to have more product than not enough!
When lightening hair, save about an inch of your roots for last. The heat from your scalp causes lightener to work faster and will lift your roots quicker than the rest of your hair. This will ensure even lift.
Lightener can dry out, so after it is applied put a processing cap or foil over the hair.
POWDER LIGHTENER: Potassium Persulfate, Ammonium Persulfate, Sodium Metasilicate, Sodium Stearate, Silica, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, EDTA, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein CREME
DEVELOPER: Water/Eau/Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-2 Carboxamide MEA, Sodium Stannate, Phosphoric Acid
We're sorry, this product cannot ship to the following locations: Quebec